The Kiwanis Clubs of Division 13 invite you to attend the fun exciting event that continues to grow and benefit kids through the work of Kiwanis members. A sponsorship or donation is greatly appreciated.
In recent years, the Festival attendance has reached nearly 900 people. Our sponsors are both large and small businesses who support the more than 225 service activities of the Kiwanis Clubs of Division 13. An additional 80 Kiwanis members and friends providing the bulk of the volunteer support to make the Festival a huge success.
All funds raised are directed to community projects for children through local Kiwanis clubs. Over $125,000 was distributed throughout the community, and an additional $30,000 was directed to the Foodbank! Additionally a collection box for canned tuna and canned chicken will be on site for the VA Peninsula Foodbank. 100% of the profits from the Kiwanis Peninsula Seafood Festival goes back into the community. Listed below are programs supported by the Kiwanis Clubs of Division 13:
- Armstrong Elementary School K-Kids Club
- Bassette Elementary K-Kids Club
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula
- Bryan Elementary K-Kids Club
- Carrollton Fire Department
- Carver Elementary School
- City of Hampton Angel Tree
- CNU Belize Student Trip
- Downtown Hampton Child Development Center/Peake Childhood Center
- Edmarc Hospice for Children
- Hampton Ecumenical Lodging Provisions (HELP)
- Hampton HS Key Club
- Hampton Family YMCA
- Hampton’s New Teacher Breakfast
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Sunday Supper
- Joy of Reading Program
- Jules Frank Scholarship
- Kecoughtan Key Club
- Kiwanis Children’s Emergency Center of King’s Daughters Hospital
- Lion’s Club Denbigh Day Parade & Festival
- Mayor’s Book Club of Hampton
- Mayor’s Book Club of Newport News
- Native American Ministries
- Newport News Police Foundation
- Peninsula Agency on Aging
- Riverside Rehabilitation Center Christmas Party
- Ruthann Kellum HS Scholarship
- Southeast Region Kiwanis Fishing Clinic
- Teenager of the Year Program
- THRIVE Peninsula, Inc.
- Tom & Ann Hunnicutt Family YMCA
- Toys for Smithfield Families
- Transitions Family Violence Services
- VersAbility Resources
- YMCA Bright Beginnings
A fun filled all-inclusive Seafood & BBQ Outdoor Festival held on Saturday, September 24th from 2:00pm – 5:30pm. Once again, you’ll be able to bring your lawn chair and delight to a delicious dine-in or carry-out seafood & BBQ feast. There’s no better place to enjoy live music, dancing, plenty of good food, open space for social distancing, adult beverages*, raffle, door prizes & our new “Can Art” contest.
*Per ABC regulations, beer & wine are NOT permitted off premises.
Our Menu: Fresh Fried Fish Fillets, Southern Style Shrimp-N-Grits, Peel & Eat Shrimp, Oysters on the ½ Shell, Fried Oysters, Sautéed Scallops w/Stir Fried Vegetables, Lemon Herb Mahi w/Garden Salsa, Garlic Butter New England Mussels, Pulled Pork BBQ, Mini Crab Cakes, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Dirty Rice, Roasted Vegetable Medley, Hushpuppies & Assorted Desserts.
Kiwanis International is a global organization established in 1915 of clubs, members and partners dedicated to improving the lives of children. The Kiwanis name is derived from an American Indian word meaning “We Build.” We believe we’re building our communities, one child at a time. Tax ID #36-1327510. 501 (c) (4)
Kiwanis is a global organization of volunteers who believe in changing the world, one child and one community at a time!