FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Everything you need to know about Kiwanis 10th Peninsula Seafood Festival.
What is Kiwanis?
Kiwanis is dedicated to serving the children around the world. Established in 1915, local clubs respond to the needs within their communities and the international organization takes on large-scale challenges, such as eliminating disease and poverty. Globally, there are nearly 600,000 Kiwanians who devote more than 19 million hours to service.
What is the Kiwanis Peninsula Seafood Festival?
A fun filled all-inclusive Seafood & BBQ Outdoor Festival held on Saturday, September 24th from 2:00pm –5:30pm. Once again, you’ll be able to bring your lawn chair and delight to a delicious dine-in or carry-out seafood & BBQ feast. There’s no better place to enjoy live music, dancing, plenty of good food, open space for social distancing, adult beverages*, raffle, door prizes & our new “Can Art” contest.
What is the Cost?
Tickets are a $55.00 donation in advance; $65.00 after September 10th.
What's on the Menu?
Fresh Fried Fish Fillets, Southern Style Shrimp-N-Grits, Peel & Eat Shrimp, Oysters on the ½ Shell, Fried Oysters, Sautéed Scallops w/Stir Fried Vegetables, Lemon Herb Mahi w/Garden Salsa, Garlic Butter New England Mussels, Pulled Pork BBQ, Baked Beans, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Dirty Rice, Roasted Vegetable Medley, Hushpuppies & Assorted Desserts.
Our Carry-Out Captain’s Box
Fried Fish, Peel & Eat Shrimp, Crab Cakes, NC Style BBQ, Sautéed Scallops w/Stir Fried Veggies, Baked Beans, Red Potato Salad, Coleslaw, Low Country Dirty Rice, Hush Puppies, Choice of A Dessert:, Banana Pudding, Mud Pie, or Sheet Cake.
Are Beverages Included?
Yes! Beer, wine, iced tea, and water are included. ID required at entrance for adult beverages.
Are Sponsorships Available?
Yes! Choose from the wide variety of sponsorships available; beginning with our Gift level up to and including our “VIP” tent options. (See inside for details) But hurry, September 10th is the deadline for sponsorships.
Are Tickets Available Online?
Yeah click here to buy a ticket!
Where is the Event Held?
Greek Hellenic Community Center (Home of the NN Greek Festival) 60 Traverse Road, Newport News, VA 23606
Who's Catering the Event?
Black Pelican of Chesapeake
Where does the Money go?
100% of the profits from the Kiwanis Peninsula Seafood Festival goes back into the community. Listed below are programs supported by the Kiwanis Clubs of Division 13:
- Alcove Health
- Armstrong Elementary School K-Kids Club
- Bethel HS Key Club
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula
- Carrollton Fire Department
- Carver Elementary School
- Christopher Newport U CKI
- City of Hampton Angel Tree
- Downtown Hampton Child Development Center/Peake Childhood Center
- Edmarc Hospice for Children
- Hampton Ecumenical Lodging Provisions (HELP)
- Hampton HS Key Club
- Hampton Family YMCA
- Hampton’s New Teacher Breakfast
- Hampton Public Library
- Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Sunday Supper
- Joy of Reading Program
- Jules Frank Scholarship
- Kiwanis Children’s Emergency Center of King’s Daughters Hospital
- Kiwanis Children’s Foundation
- Lion’s Club Denbigh Day Parade & Festival
- Mayor’s Book Club of Hampton
- Mayor’s Book Club of Newport News
- Menchville House
- Menchville HS Key Club
- Native American Ministries
- Newport News Police Foundation
- Newsome-Bailey Foundation
- Peake Childhood Center
- Peninsula Agency on Aging
- Riverside Rehabilitation Center Christmas Party
- Southeast Region Kiwanis Fishing Clinic
- Teenager of the Year Program
- THRIVE Peninsula, Inc.
- Tom & Ann Hunnicutt Family YMCA
- Toys for Smithfield Families
- Transitions Family Violence Services
- VersAbility Resources
- Warwick HS Key Club
- Woodside HS Key Club
- YMCA Bright Beginnings
What happens if it Rains?
We party on rain or shine! As long as there isn’t a hurricane, the event can be moved indoors.
How does this Event Happen?
The Kiwanis Peninsula Seafood Festival planning, preparation and day of activities are facilitated entirely by a core team of dedicated volunteers who spend days, nights, and weekends making sure this event happens, and it happens right.